Lengard have been appointed by Luton Borough Council to undertake conservation and restoration works at the Grade II listed Wardown House, the home of Wardown Park Museum.
The building was originally designed as a private residence in 1872 and became a museum in 1931.
The project will see new areas of the building opened up and the ground floor improved and furnished to give visitors an insight into a wealthy family home during the Victorian period including the Billiard Room, Smoking Room, Library and kitchen. A brand-new café will be created with access to the park, the Morning Room will become a new art gallery as well as venue for weddings and exhibitions
Form of Contract: JCT 2011 IFC
Duration: 30 weeks