22nd February 2011
Lengard has joined up with staff and residents of The Mercers’ Company to organise a fundraising week at the Trinity Hospital site to help raise money for Headway.
Lengard’s site manager at Trinity Hospital, Justin Mead, began raising money following an accident involving his close family member Elle at her school in East London. Elle, who was only 11, suffered a head injury and tragically later died from her injuries. Headway is a charity set up to give help and support to people affected by brain injury and it is Justin’s wish to raise as much money as possible for this cause.
The fundraising week, which was organised by Penny Cornne of The Mercers’ Company, was held where we were working. Justin soon found widespread support from the project team and the fifty two residents at the Trinity who suggested providing food and refreshments for tenants and visitors, to help raise money for Headway.
The fundraising week was the 14th March 2011 and included events every day such as:
- Monday 14th March – lunches of home made soup
- Tuesday 15th March – afternoon tea and cake at 3pm.
- Wednesday 16th March – fresh salad platter with cooked meats or soup (Lamb & Irish Guinness – as it’s St. Patricks Day on the 17th !)
- Thursday 17th March – breakfast sausage bap or continental breakfast served after chapel
- Friday 18th March – sausage and mash with onion gravy or ploughman’s lunch
- Raffle tickets on sale each day & the raffle was drawn on Friday lunchtime.
Justin is going to be running in The BUPA London 10K run on 30th May and has a target of raising £1,500 for Headway.
If you wish to sponsor Justin or make a donation directly to Headway please visit: