Client: The Mercers Company
Programme: 30 weeks
Contract: JCT Intermediate 2005 with Contractors Design
Description: Heritage Refurbishment and Alteration
Trinity Hospital is the oldest surviving building in Greenwich, founded in 1611. Grade II listed by English Heritage, the building was once used as an Almshouse by Henry Howard the Earl of Northampton.
Lengard converted 22 residential units to 10 larger modern units available for rent, and restored the Hospital Chapel. The works included renewal of several roof areas and a new central heating system. Being in close proximity to the river Thames a new wall and flood gate was built at the bottom of the garden.
New energy efficient gas condensing boilers and high performance phenolic roof insulation were installed. Residents now benefit from larger, warmer living accommodation, new kitchens and level access bathrooms suitable for wheel chairs.