We proudly announce our new sustainability initiative…….
All single use plastic bottles are now banned from our sites and offices. We are supporting the drive to reduce plastic waste entering our water courses and oceans, continuing our commitment to reducing our environmental impact.
To importantly maintain our staff’s hydration levels, we are now providing non-plastic re-useable water bottles to minimise our impact on the environment.
Our first re-useable bottles have been distributed to our St. Mary Magdalene Church site in Paddington; chosen for its close proximity to the Grand Union Canal where plastic waste can been seen every day.
We have been inspired by the team at Plastic-Free Me, and are raising awareness of this issue with our Staff, Clients and Supply Chain.
Some facts about plastic waste that you might not be aware of;
• 50 percent of the plastic we use, we use just once and throw away
• Over the last ten years we have produced more plastic than during the whole of the last century.
• It takes 500-1,000 years for plastic to degrade.
• Virtually every piece of plastic that was ever made still exists in some shape or form (with the exception of the small amount that has been incinerated).
• The production of plastic uses around eight percent of the world’s oil production (bioplastics are not a good solution as they require food source crops).